Ahhh… The luxury of the steam shower! They aren’t just for the gym or the spa. Steam showers are quite common in residential homes as well. It’s more than just a “luxury” item- there are packages available to suit everyone’s needs.
People have been using steam bathing to cleanse and purify for centuries. The Greeks, Romans, Japanese, Native Americans, Icelandic cultures, and many others have long utilized the many health benefits of steam.
Just a few to note:
- Improved Circulation
- Detoxify- Sweat out the bad stuff!
- Opens Clogged Pores for Clearer Skin
- Increases Cardiovascular System to Aid in Metabolism Boost
- Loosening Mucus for Opening up Sinuses
- Soothing Sore Muscles & Joint Pain
- Helps the body to remove excess sodium, metabolic and other waste products.
- Relieves Stress. I’m going to say that one again…. RELIEVES STRESS!!!
*A quick word of caution- always check with your physician to ensure you are healthy enough before using any type of steam or sauna. These are not good for people with some medical conditions such as heart conditions or diabetes.*
Now that you have done the research and decided that you want the awesome benefits of steam in your beautiful new custom shower- “What’s next?” you may ask? Well it’s simple actually! Call me at 770-887-1420 ext 2410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will set up a time to chat. Bring with you your plans, or the dimensions of your shower, and I’ll take care of the rest.
A few tips to get the most from your steam shower while you are in the planning stages:
- Sizing is one of the most important parts in the function of your shower. The larger the shower- the more powerful generator you are going to need to produce enough steam to fill the shower. If you underestimate or try to cut costs with a smaller generator, you will end up disappointed in the functionality.
- Try to choose a material for the walls of your shower that absorbs the least moisture for the most cost effective and best function from your steam generator.
- The shower needs to be completely enclosed- you want to keep all of that glorious steam in one spot for you to enjoy!
- Think about what type of control system you would like. There are digital options, with apps that sync to your phone, standard controls, etc. and we can discuss them all in more detail.
Why not maximize the benefits of your steam shower- throw in some essential oils. The manufacturers recommend using pure, therapeutic grade essential oils- and they even design their systems around them. The steam heads have wells designed into the tops of them to let the oils blend with the steam seamlessly. Several manufacturers actually have an oil delivery system. While your pores are opened and your senses relaxed- revel in the luxurious scents and healthy support these oils offer! A few ideas to get started with:
So don’t forget this fantastic option when building that dream shower. Call me today to discuss the availability and the benefits for your individual needs.
770-887-1420 ext 2410